The Advantages of Digital Radiography
Digital radiography has many advantages over traditional x-rays:
- It's faster
- We can view images instantly
- There is up to 80 percent less radiation
- We can enhance images in a variety of ways to improve viewing
- Images can be stored electronically for instant retrieval in the future, if needed
- We avoid the chemicals used in the traditional developing process
How digital radiography works
With digital radiography, we use a small sensor connected directly to a computer instead of a film packet. Taking x-rays is faster because the sensor is merely moved from tooth to tooth; we don't need to reload a film positioner for each image. It's also faster because the x-rays are available immediately on the computer monitor, with no development step in between. Because the sensor is more sensitive than conventional x-ray film, the amount of x-ray radiation is reduced by up to 80 percent.
Digital x-rays allow us to see details and make adjustments that are a tremendous help to our diagnosis. We can also save images in our computer system for instant retrieval at a later date.
DIgital radiography is an advanced technology that speeds treatment and helps us make the most accurate and efficient diagnosis of your dental condition.